How can we help you?
BrandTotal is the company behind the UpVoice panel. BrandTotal is a market research firm that provides unique advertising related insights and analyses for brands. Please visit www.brandtotal.com for more information about the types of services we offer.
UpVoice is BrandTotal’s user panel. We use the data that we collect from the UpVoice panel to build special insights for brands on their advertising activities and the ad campaigns of their competitors.
Once you qualify to join the research community, install and enable the UpVoice browser extension. You’ll be asked once per supported site (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Amazon) to enable the extension. In order for UpVoice to work effectively, you must disable your ad-blocker on each supported site.
Every day, you’ll receive at least 20 points for visiting each supported site, plus bonus points for visiting specific sites when daily bonuses are available. When you accumulate enough points, you can redeem them for a selection of gift cards.
We are a market research firm and therefore the data we collect is only used for providing brand marketers with advertising campaign insights. We do not track or collect any personal information while you browse.
As an UpVoice panel member, you will be taking part in a first of its kind research of the advertising activities and strategies of global brands. Through your participation, you will be influencing how brands build and optimize big budget online campaigns. Last but not least, you will be rewarded for participating in the study.
• Registration & Eligibility
We’d love to consider you as a UpVoice panelist. Please visit www.joinupvoice.com to apply, and if you’re qualified you will be able to install our app.
No. To be eligible to become a member, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You are capable of entering into a contract agreement;
- You fit a specific demographic profile (subject to changes).
However, even if you do not qualify today, we will be sure to contact you as soon as we have an opening for your profile.
We review each application to make sure that the applicant fits our profile requirements and that they have not registered previously. This process may take us a few days to complete.
At this point, it's impossible for us to change the email that is linked to your UpVoice account.
If you've previously signed up with Facebook, you should sign in with the same email that is linked to your Facebook account and continue from where you left off.
We currently support three email providers: Google, Microsoft, Yahoo. If you can't find your email provider, we invite you to sign up with a different email until we let our members merge accounts.
Cancelling your membership is easy. Simply go to "Contact us", choose the question category "I would like to leave UpVoice", and fill out your details. When you leave, your personal information and any remaining points will be permanently and securely deleted.
• UpVoice Reward Plan
You earn points for completing the following activities:
- Visiting Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Amazon regularly. If you have an ad-blocker, make sure that you disable it, otherwise your user activity will not be recorded.
- Reaching certain point amounts that you’ve earned over time, to demonstrate our appreciation.
- Completing specific actions, such as signing up to our panel, participating in surveys and more.
Everyone who joins the UpVoice research community earns 2,000 points just for signing up.
Once you’re a member, you will receive at least 20 points daily for visiting each of our supported websites, which include Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Amazon.
There are also daily bonuses for certain sites, so you can earn even more. Members will also earn bonus points for reaching milestones. For example, you’ll get 1,500 bonus points for reaching 15,000 total points.
This points system came into effect on January 4, 2022, and was retroactively applied to all member accounts.
You will receive a signup bonus of 2000 points immediately. Then, every day you will receive at least 20 points for visiting each of our supported websites. Your points balance should be updated within a few minutes.
You can redeem your rewards once you have accrued at least 4500 points (=10 USD).
When you earn enough points, you’ll be able to unlock your gift card. The reward will be emailed to you within 5 business days with instructions on how to select your gift card.
Our gift card provider offers a selection of e-gift cards worldwide. In the U.S. and UK, you can redeem your points for a range of gift cards, including Amazon, prepaid Visa or Mastercard, Uber, and many more. See the full list here.
Rewards are issued in USD and automatically converted to the currency of your selected payout.
450 points are currently valued at $1 USD.
This depends on how active you are. Active members who visit our supported websites daily can expect to earn at least 93 USD in rewards in the first year of their participation in our panel. Make sure to disable your ad-blocker if you have one, otherwise, you will not be eligible for rewards.
There are a number of possible issues preventing you from collecting points. Here are some basic troubleshooting steps that will solve most problems.
* Install the extension on your web browser, and ensure this is the browser you’re using while browsing your sites.
- * Enable the extension on each of our supported sites when prompted. If you’ve already declined the extension permissions, you may need to open the extension and click “Reset Social Media Permissions” in the top left menu.
* Ensure the extension is enabled - the icon should be colorful.
* Disable your ad-blocker. If you aren’t seeing any ads when you browse, you aren’t earning any points.
* Wait at least 10 minutes for points to appear after visiting the site.
* You’ve seen ads on the supported sites. Since we only collect anonymous data about the ads you see, we can't detect your activity if you don't see any ads.
* On Amazon, we only collect specific ads, so we can’t guarantee you’ll earn points for every ad. On YouTube, once you watch the first ad, wait for the permission notification to pop up before you skip the ad!
We collect data about the ads that are presented to you while visiting your social feeds. Without this data, we are simply unable to build insights for brands about their advertising campaigns and the ad campaigns of their competitors.
We review each redemption request to ensure that the redeeming member is complying with our terms of service. For instance, we make sure that members can only register to our panel one time. For more information, please review our terms of service.
• UpVoice Referral Program
You can invite your friends to join our panel by following these steps:
- Open UpVoice and go to the “Referral” tab.
- Copy your unique referral link. This link has the ability to associate your account with the users you invite.
- Share it with your friends through text messages, email, social media platforms, or any other way.
- When the users you refer sign up, they will appear on your “Referral” tab under “My referrals”. The initial status of each new referral is “Pending”. You'll get rewarded once the user you refer achieves the first 100 points in addition to the signup points.
Once your referral becomes "Successful", you will get 300 points ($5). Referrals become "Successful" when the users you refer complete the following:
- Sign up and get qualified.
- Install UpVoice.
- Achieve the first 100 points in addition to the signup points.
Then, a red badge will appear on your “Referral” tab. Go there and find a “Claim” button next to that referral. Click on it and collect your points.
You can make up to $100 by taking advantage of our referral program. The max number of successful referrals that each user can have is 20 and the reward for every "Successful" referral is $5.
Once you’ve reached your max "Successful" referrals, your unique referral link and your other “Pending” referrals will disappear.
All your referrals and their status will appear on your “Referral” tab under “My referrals”. For privacy reasons, we only present the first two letters of your referral’s first name and the first letter of their last name. Each referral can have three states:
- Pending - the initial state of your referral after signing up.
- Claimable - when your referral becomes "Successful", you'll be able to get rewarded for it by clicking on the “Claim” button that will appear next to it. It becomes "Successful" once the user you refer earns the first 100 points in addition to the signup points.
- Claimed - referrals that the rewards for them were already collected by you.
Once you’ve reached your max "Successful" referrals, your other “Pending” referrals will disappear. It may take us up to one day to update your referral status.
• Data & Privacy
We collect your name, email address and basic demographic information for the purposes of communicating with you, verifying your eligibility for participation in the Panel and in order to issue your reward (directly or via third party providers).
We also collect non-personal data such as: a random generated device ID and user ID, general demographic information (such as: age, gender, location and interests) and the ads you are exposed to while using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Amazon
On occasion, you may also share additional information with us by filling out research surveys that we make available to you.
All the data collected is ALWAYS anonymized and aggregated, so no one can identify you.
We are a market research firm. We work with brand marketers to provide them with advertising campaign insights and analyses. Please visit www.brandtotal.com for more information about the types of services we offer.
Of course we do! As a market research firm, protecting your privacy and complying with all relevant privacy laws and regulations is our biggest concern.
All the data we share is always anonymized and aggregated. We never share your personal information with anyone, except if needed to send you your rewards.
Have more questions?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org for help